You are here



Q: How can I have my probation/supervised release terminated early?
Q: I have a family member/friend who is scheduled to be released from prison. They were convicted in federal court in another district or state but want to reside in the District of Wyoming. How can his/her case be transferred?
Q: I am an employer and I want to know if a prospective employee has been convicted of a crime, can you run a background check?
Q: What are the standard conditions of probation the court must impose?
Q: I am on probation/supervised release. Am I allowed to leave the state?
Q: I have been released from federal prison, how soon do I have to report for supervision?
Q: I know of a family member who is on Federal probation/supervised release, can you tell me what crime they committed?
Q: Who qualifies for DNA collection?
Q: Must I report contact with other law enforcement agencies?


Q: If I am convicted of a Federal crime, can I or a family member own or possess a firearm?
Q: How do I have my conviction expunged?
Q: If I am convicted of a felony in Federal court, can I vote?
Q: Where can I find the probation or pretrial service office mailing address?
Q: What is the presentence investigation phase of a case?
Q: What is supervision?
Q: Where can I find information about the district court’s judges and magistrate judges?
Q: If I am convicted of a Federal crime, am I permitted to hunt?
Q: I have been found guilty in Federal Court, what happens next?
Q: How do I get a certified copy of a document?
Q: I have a friend/family member who is in prison. How do I find out where he is being held?
Q: I am owed court-ordered restitution, who do I contact to get my money?
Q: I owe restitution for my crime. Who do I pay?
Q: Where can I get information regarding child support?
Q: What are the collateral consequences of a federal conviction? What "rights" do I lose?
Q: What about monetary penalties? Where should payments for fines, restitution, or special assessments be made?
Q: Can I maintain contact with co-defendants, convicted felons, or persons involved in criminal activity?
Q: What is the telephone number for the state probation office?


Q: I have been sentenced and am waiting to be told where to report to serve my sentence. Do I report to my U.S. Probation Officer until I am assigned to a prison?


Q: What is substance abuse treatment in the federal probation and pretrial services system?
Q: How does substance abuse treatment help officers carry out their supervision responsibilities?
Q: What is the Substance Abuse Treatment Program?
Q: How do officers identify substance abusers?
Q: Who provides treatment?
Q: What services do substance abuse contractors provide?
Q: What are the benefits of treatment?
Q: What if substance abuse continues despite treatment?


Q: What is a presentence report?
Q: How can I get a copy of a presentence report?
Q: What type of identification do I need when reporting to the probation office?
Q: Do I still need to report to Pretrial Services now that I have a probation officer?
Q: How do I know who is writing my presentence report?